Ensuring the data is suitable for analysis.
The data in business systems is not usually in a format suitable for business intelligence and analysis purposes and it is generally necessary to process it in order to make it so.
Typical activities include:
- Connecting to the original data sources and extracting data
- Transforming the data
- Blending or merging data from multiple sources
- Aggregating data
- Deriving new data suitable for analysis
- Cleansing the data
- Categorising and enhancing data with metadata
- Loading the data into a data warehouse or other repository
- Doing all of the above on-premise, in the cloud or a mix of the two
SDG Group has the tools and expertise to perform all of these activities and we do so on a regular basis, often loading data into a data warehouse which we have designed and built for the customer.